Congress Would Let Cops Practice ‘Catch And Release With Hookers’
Reason.com recently reported on two bills being considered in Congress http://reason.com/blog/2017/06/09/trafficking-victims-protection-act-2017
Here are a few key things that S. 1311 and H.R. 2803 would do:
- Add sexual abuse, human trafficking, and “transportation for prostitution or any illegal sexual activity” to the crimes which could establish someone as part of a “criminal street gang.”
- Enhance maximum penalties—not for folks who actually force others into sex or other work, mind you, but for those who transport people for “immoral purposes.” Anyone who interferes with or impedes a sex trafficking investigation in some way, and anyone who entices, persuades or induces someone into a situation where traffickers victimize them. The bill would raise the maximum penalty for the latter from 20 to 30 years, and the maximum penalty for obstruction from 20 to 25 years. It would also stipulate that anyone found guilty of a Mann Act violation—that is, of transporting for immoral purposes—could see his maximum term of imprisonment tripled if he had a prior sex-offense conviction of any kind.
- Permanently authorize the Obama administration’s Federal Human Trafficking Advisory Council.
- Place “Human Trafficking Justice Coordinators” at every U.S. Attorney’s Office in the country and in the Department of Justice.
- Let federal law enforcement take people’s property if they can’t otherwise pay required fines.
Georgia GOP Candidate For Congress Does Not Support A Livable Wage
. After Jon Ossoff had come out in support of a minimum wage increase to bring it to a livable wage. GOP congressional winner Karen Handel was asked whether she, too, supported a living wage. She replied “This is an example of the fundamental difference between a liberal and a conservative,” Handel began. “I do not support a livable wage.” She went on to say that she supported an economy that was robust and another argle-bargle. All that matters is that she doesn’t support people receiving wages on which they can live.
At an increasing rate, Americans separate themselves into culturally and ideologically homogeneous enclaves. A good example of this is Congress.
Americans belong to their political parties not so much because they love the ideas their leaders put forth but because of how they feel towards the opposition. In many cases, they literally hate their opponents. We now have a nation whose people live separate lives. They live in separate locations, enjoying separate media, and holding separate religious beliefs.
Reason.com reported that the local sheriff’s department subjected 900 students at Worth County High School in Georgia to a warrantless search for drugs in April. No drugs were found; in the course of the raid, cops grabbed many teens’ breasts or genitalia. Now nine of those students, with the help of the Southern Center for Human Rights, have filed a lawsuit in U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia, Albany Division, against Worth County Sheriff Jeff Hobby and several deputies.
A female deputy, Brandi Whiddon, allegedly searched a 16-year-old female plaintiff—known in the suit as K.A. The deputy pulled the front of plaintiffs bra away from her body by the underwire and flipped it up. She then slid her hands from one of K.A.’s ankles up to her pelvic area. Her hands went underneath K.A.’s dress as Whiddon felt up K.A.’s leg. Whiddon’s hands stopped on and cupped K.A.’s vaginal area and buttocks. How does this happen in America? Do the police in this jurisdiction know what the constitution says about warrantless searches? These kinds of situations are seen because police sometimes go on a power trip.
Women Are Stripping for Inmates on a Parking Garage Roof in Chicago
A recent report on Vice.com showed the roof of a parking garage across the street from Metropolitan Correctional Center in downtown Chicago has become a stage for women to strip and perform sex acts for incarcerated inmates according to a new report from the Chicago Sun-Times. Instead of applause, inmates flicker their lights on and off to say thanks. Sources say that women strip naked, fool around with one another and flash money to flaunt their incarcerated boyfriend’s status to other inmates. Many nearby residents don’t seem to mind. I guess they just sit back and enjoy the show.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: iTunes | Android |